Effective as of February 21, 2020.
We provide important information for individuals located in the European Union, European Economic Area, and United Kingdom (collectively, “Europe” or “European”) below.
We provide important information for individuals located California below.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other Sites, Mobile Applications, and Services
- Security practices
- International Data Transfers
- How to Contact Us
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Notice to European Users
- Information for California Residents
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and company name.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to an event, such as a webinar, you register for.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
Information We Obtain from Third Parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, we may receive your contact information from a third party if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as publicly-available sources.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service. The information that may be collected automatically includes your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information, and information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access. Our service providers may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
To Operate the Service. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- provide information about our products and services;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about events, such as webinars, in which you participate;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- provide support and maintenance for the Service; and
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For Research and Development. We analyze use of the Service to analyze and improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To Send You Marketing and Promotional Communications. We may send you Cloudrise-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt Out of Marketing section below.
To Comply with Law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With Your Consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To Create Anonymous, Aggregated, or De-identified Data. We may create anonymous, aggregated, or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Professional Advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business Transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users. Users who are located within (a) the European Union can find additional information about their rights below and (b) within California can find additional information about their rights below.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing Not to Share Your Personal Information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Other Sites, Mobile Applications, and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications, and other online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications, and other online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and may have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
European Union users should read the important information provided below about transfer of personal information outside of the European Union.
As a general rule, children are not allowed to use the Service, and we do not collect personal information from them. We define “children” as follows:
- Residents outside of Europe: anyone under 13 years old; and
- Residents of Europe: anyone under 16 years old, or the age needed to consent to the processing of personal information in your country of residence.
If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Attn: Legal – Privacy
1750 Wewatta Street #1824
Denver, CO 80202
Notice to European Users
The information provided in this “Notice to European Users” section applies only to individuals in Europe.
The contact information for our representative in Europe is:
+44 7887 882 582
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, whose contact information is:
Sensitive Personal Information. We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Service, or otherwise to us.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If we anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the European Union, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address provided above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe to a country not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be performed:
- Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses, EU-US Privacy Shield (or Swiss-US Privacy Shield, as applicable), or Binding Corporate Rules;
- Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains; or
- As otherwise permitted by applicable European requirements.
You may contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of Europe.
Information for California Residents
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Information. To request that we disclose the following information about our collection and use of your personal information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information;
- Whether we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of personal information received by each category of recipient; and
- Whether we have sold your personal information, and, if so, the categories of personal information received by each category of recipient.
- Access. To request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. To request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected from you.
- Opt out of sales. To direct us not to sell your personal information if we do, and if you are under 16 years of age, we are required to ask for affirmative authorization from you (or it you are under 13, your parent or guardian) to sell your personal information before we do so.
- Nondiscrimination. To exercise your rights described above free from discrimination, such as denial of goods or services; price/rate increases for goods or services (including through grants of discounts/benefits or imposing penalties); decreases in service quality; or suggesting that such discriminatory acts may occur if you exercise your rights. However, a difference in price or service quality is not discriminatory if reasonably related to the value to our business of the personal information we are unable to use due to the exercise of your rights, and we may offer you certain financial incentives that can result in different prices, rates or service quality.
- Financial incentive program disclosures. Receive a clear description of the material terms of any program involving financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of your personal information, and decide if you want to consent to be entered in it (you can revoke this consent at any time).
How to Exercise Your Rights
You may exercise the rights described above as follows:
Right to opt out of sales
In the event that we begin selling your personal information, we will offer a mechanism so that you may exercise your right to opt out of such sales
Right to information, access, and deletion
You may exercise the information, access and deletion rights described above by submitting a verifiable request to us by:
- emailing email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child under 13.
The verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are a California resident about whom we collected personal information or their authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
These rights are not absolute, are subject to exceptions, and we may be required or permitted by law to decline your request.
Personal Information That We Collect, Use, and Share
*For a description of these categories, see the definition of Personal Information in Section 1798.140(o)(1) of the California Consumer Privacy Act.